Located in Greymouth on the West Coast, Monteith’s Brewery is the original home of craft brewing in New Zealand and is a recognized Qualmark Gold visitor experience. This is thanks to their great hospitality, fabulous menu, prompt service and wonderful stories; not to mention, their selection of award-winning beers and ciders.
Join the Beer Experience Tour
The Monteith’s Beer Experience is a walking, talking and tasting tour through the original home of Monteith’s. We’ll take you backstage to learn all about our family of beers and ciders, from our history and how it’s made, through to pouring the perfect glass, direct from the tap. Learn everything you need to know about our former brewery in this fully immersive tasting experience, and leave feeling like a pro.
- Visit the Monteith’s Museum. Hear about the original Monteith’s family, from the journey they started in 1868, to the award-winning and iconic brand it is today.
- Go behind the scenes to our former brew house, and learn about global beer and cider styles, how they’re made and how a brewery operates.
- Get up close in our former brewery, all with a beer in hand. You can even poke your head right inside the tanks for a good look.
- Learn how to pour a beer properly, how to taste it like a pro, and tips on what to look for in the perfect brew.
- Taste the malts, smell the hops, and discover the New Zealand grown ingredients we use to make our range of craft beers.
- Pour your own beers straight from the tap.
- Relax and enjoy a few drinks in our Brewhouse .
- Select your own ‘pick and mix six’ – choose six 330ml bottles from our vast range of beers and ciders to take away.
- Expert guide.
- Three beers (two that you pour from the tap, and one from our Brewers Series bottled range).
- 30-45 minute tasting and pouring session.
- Takeaway mixed-six-pack filled with your own selection.
- Time to explore backstage in our former brewhouse.
- West Coast Passport full of Monteith’s Experience vouchers, plus 20% off some of the best activities on the West Coast (Treetop Walkway, Shantytown, West Coast Scenic Water Tours, Franz Josef Hot Pools…) and a ticket for a free Monteith’s beer, to redeem at one of the Monteith’s bars across the Coast.
The Monteith’s Brewery Tour runs daily from 4pm
Duration: 45-60 minutes (depending on group size).
Adults $35.00 & Under 18s go free.
Bookings are essential during Summer Season November-March
Contact Greymouth i-SITE
Phone: 0800 GREYMOUTH